Incompatible offences if committed within the last five years:
- Sex: prostitution (solicitation)
- Violence: assault, trespassing at night, uttering threats, intimidation, harassment, indecent telephone calls, mischief, arson causing damage to property, firearms (possession, omission)
- Theft, fraud: impersonation
- Drugs: possession
- Other: breach of condition or probation, obstructing a peace officer, or other criminal charges
Incompatible offences at all times:
- Sex: sexual assault or assault with a weapon, indecent acts, procuring, child pornography, corrupting children, bawdy house, rape
- Violence: kidnapping, attempted murder, homicide, aggravated assault, confinement, extortion, arson with disregard for human life, firearms (unauthorized use, trafficking) with disregard for human life, firearms (unauthorized use, trafficking)
- Theft, fraud: breaking and entering, robbery, corruption
- Driving: offence causing death or bodily harm
- Drugs: trafficking, importing, cultivation
- Other: arrest warrant
Offences resulting in limited acceptance
- Theft, fraud: theft, fraud (accepted as an escort driver during sanction)
- Driving: flight, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, refusal to comply with demand, operation while impaired (accepted as a navigator during prohibition), unpaid tickets (tickets must be paid before volunteering)
I agree to:
1 – Take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of my team and of Operation Red Nose clients by complying with, among others, the traffic laws in my province (speed limits, use of seatbelts, signage, parking, etc.). Operation Red Nose is not responsible for any ticket received during the course of my volunteer duties.
2 – Comply with the Operation Red Nose code of ethics.
- Sobriety: I must not consume any alcohol or cannabis on the day I work with Operation Red Nose.
- Confidentiality: All information about Operation Red Nose clients and volunteers that is disclosed to me will remain confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than to fulfill the mandate conferred upon me. I will also not discuss any details with other volunteers that could be used to identify a client or volunteer.
- Courtesy: I will show patience and courtesy toward clients at all times.
- Free service: Operation Red Nose is a free service. I will never solicit donations, but if clients wish to make a donation, I will thank them.
- Fatigue: Operation Red Nose volunteers must often deal with fatigue, and its effects at night must not be underestimated. Therefore, I will not overestimate my capabilities and, if necessary, I will take a nap before reporting for duty as an Operation Red Nose volunteer.
- Mutual respect: All Operation Red Nose volunteers, whether they work in the headquarters or on the road, deserve my full respect and consideration.
3 – Return to Operation Red Nose all amounts given to me (donations, tips, gifts, etc.).
If I do not honour my commitment, Operation Red Nose reserves the right to terminate my participation as a volunteer for the current and future campaigns. The decision of Operation Red Nose is final.